Saturday, February 8, 2014

Healthy baked oatmeal

So I just made this one up.... Out of nowhere. I wanted a treat for night snack and this is what happened! Even Curtis liked it. (With ice cream... But still!!)

Healthy baked oatmeal:

- 1 1/3 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup sugar of choice (I used palm sugar, but honey or brown sugar would be okay too)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 eggs (free run)
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 tbsp vanilla (I use homemade)
- 1 tsp maple extract (almond, rum or coconut extract would also taste good!)
- 1/2 an apple chopped very small
- 1/2 generous cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (I used coconut)

Mix your dry ingredients and add wet ingredients right to the bowl of dry. Lastly add your fruit. Stir it up and pour into an 8 or 9 Inch square pan. 

Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until the top is dry ish and springs back when lightly pressed. 

I make this into four servings for a full serving of oats, fruit and only 2 ish tsp of sugar!! (Good with some maple syrup tho...:) I would also add some chopped nuts to the batter next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment